LITTMANN APP (IPHONE / ANDROID)
Challenge yourself with...
Buy a 3M Littmann Stethoscope at our shop and get the full app for FREE!
1. Buy one of the following models:
- Littmann Classic III
- Littmann Master Classic
- Littmann Cardiology IV
- Littmann Master Cardiology
- Littmann 3100
- Littmann 3200
2. Install the free app on your iPhone or Android phone from the App Store or Google Play.
3. Use the serial number of your stethoscope to unlock the full, premium content and start learning!
3M™ Littmann® Learning App
Test. Learn. Challenge yourself. This interactive app allows you to apply your auscultation skills to a library of clinical scenarios. All accessible from the palm of your hand.
The app has been developed in close collaboration with leading clinicians. It contains a comprehensive training programme with real sounds and patient assessments based on real patient histories and tests. Track your progress as you learn and apply your knowledge to a variety of patient simulations.
The 3M Littmann Learning App is useful whether you’re at the start of your career or nearing the top of your profession and wanting to refresh your knowledge.
The 3M Littmann Learning App includes a range of learning modules:
- Introduction to auscultation best practice education.
- Access to a library of 10 heart sounds.
- One sample test module.
- One patient assessment.
- Listen: 10 cardiac auscultations with associated heart sounds. These include multiple-choice tests with scoring and feedback.
- Test: 13 cardiology assessments in a practical examination style. These include genuine patient histories and sounds. Test yourself against multiple-choice questions with feedback.
- Learn: 10 cardiology assessments in a guided assessment style (at bedside/in clinic). These include genuine patient histories, real auscultation sounds and ECG’s.
- Listen: 10 pulmonary auscultations with associated lung sounds. These include genuine patient histories and sounds. Test yourself against multiple-choice questions with feedback.
- Test: 10 respiratory medicine patient assessments in a practical examination style. These include genuine patient histories and sounds. Test yourself against multiple-choice questions with feedback.
- Learn: 10 respiratory medicine assessments in a guided assessment style (at bedside/in clinic). These include associated patient histories, auscultation sounds and chest x-rays.
Premium content can be accessed through an inApp purchase (EUR 39,90) or by entering the Serial Number on your 3M Littmann Stethoscope (applies to purchases on or after 16 July 2015). Only valid for serial numbers supplied with selected 3M Littmann Stethoscope products purchased through MediShopXL as Authorised 3M Littmann Distributor.
Building and assessing background knowledge.
Background education: Normal and abnormal cardiac and respiratory medicine auscultatory sounds with animations and imagery. Knowledge check: 25 multiple choice questions on auscultation technique and sound formation.
Cardiology training and testing
Respiratory training and testing
The audio quality of the sounds played through a computer, tablet or smartphone device may not be a faithful representation of the actual sounds heard on auscultation. This is due to the acoustical performance of sound cards, their associated drivers, or the frequency response of the headphones or speakers used. Therefore there is a possibility that the user may not be able to fully hear all clinically relevant sounds.
Disclaimer: Whilst based on genuine patient histories, all patients represented in this educational package are fictitious and any similarity with persons past or present is purely coincidental. For educational purposes only.
If you already own a Littmann stethoscope you can still access the premium content from within the App at a cost of € 39,90.